Unitywater, a statutory body providing water and sewerage services to the Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast regions of Australia, engaged Charles Kendall Australia (CKA) to compose its Capital Works Annual Procurement Plan.
CKA delivered a timely and highly structured procurement plan that clearly outlined scope and spend strategies, while enabling compliance with both state government and Competition Authority policies.
- Communicate key procurement issues to relevant parties.
- Identify opportunities and strategies for planning and project methodologies, with a key focus on expenditure.
- Provide Unitywater with clearer scope and a timely delivery plan of upcoming capital works.
- Stakeholder engagement to identify capital programs and associated procurement activities.
- Review of current procurement initiatives to establish baseline data
- Development of strategies based on key categories within expenditure and procurement/management.
- Review of the 2012-2013 capital works program to establish a structured approach to upcoming projects.
- Capital expenditure profile (including forecasts to 2017) encompassing key project delivery areas across major network growth and renewals projects.
- In-depth description of existing and proposed procurement structure and methodologies, with a corporate-aligned schedule for 2012-2013.
- Summary of key opportunities, including procurement categorisation, planning and joint activities.