Leading Australasian food manufacturer Goodman Fielder International (GFI), responsible for numerous household brands including Meadow Lead, Praise, White Wings and Helga's engaged Charles Kendall to analyse expenditure and identify cost-base reduction opportunities across its manufacturing operations in Papua New Guinea.
- Review and report on GFI’s existing supplier spend, risk exposure and potential cost savings;
- Assist in evaluating cost base and centralising categories to Sydney hub;
- Conduct on-site evaluation of Papua New Guinea operations;
- Provide insights to drive cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Categorise and analyse $100M+ of annual expenditure to determine inefficiencies and identify cost-base reduction opportunities;
- Review existing supplier agreements and segment according to Kraljic Model-based methodology;
- Categorise savings into short, medium and long-term initiatives, including savings pipeline and delivery plan;
- Manage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure understanding and cultural alignment.
- Identified 26 cost-base reduction opportunities delivering an estimated 7-15% reduction in annual expenditure;
- Categorised savings into quick wins, medium-term gains and strategic savings;
- Determined the required resources and offered recommendations to realise these savings and achieve further gains in procurement efficiency;
- Delivered a detailed scoping report to GFI’s Chief Procurement Officer with implementation activities already being planned.