As part of the Queensland Government’s commitment to crack down on illegal street racing and hooning, the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 was amended to introduce the toughest anti-hooning laws in the nation.
To meet the potential demand for motor vehicle impoundment services (including towing, storage, sale and disposal), the Queensland Police Service (QPS) sought to engage a single contractor to provide a total managed service for the State of Queensland. The total managed service approach is the first of its kind in Australia.
With significant time and resource constraints, the QPS engaged Charles Kendall to bring strategic insight into the delivery of a high risk, multi-stage procurement process including the following key stages:
- Stage 1 - MARKET SOUNDING
- Stage 2 - DUE DILIGENCE AND SHORT LISTING
- Stage 3 - TENDER DEVELOPMENT
We conducted stakeholder workshops and later participated in the evaluation process and development of an evaluation report and recommendation.
- Due to the nature of Stage 1, CKA undertook an intensive due diligence exercise to ascertain the viability of short listed parties to provide a total managed service across the entire state. This involved extracting detailed information and conducting interviews with the suppliers to establish their true capability and capacity, with respect to financial status, plans for expansion, mobilisation, subcontractor arrangements and solutions to potential challenges. CKA delivered an outcome report, highlighting risks and recommendations for proceeding to the tender phase.
- CKA conducted stakeholder workshops and later participated in the evaluation process and development of an evaluation report and recommendation.
- CKA successfully developed and managed the expression of interest process, resulting in a detailed options analysis and recommendation, addressing procurement risks, opportunities and other considerations for the subsequent stages of the procurement process.
- CKA developed a detailed specification and complete invitation to offer documents including evaluation criteria and targeted response forms.
- CKA also provided a thorough evaluation plan and scoring methodology.